Wednesday, July 4, 2012

As quickly as it began it was over…

Monday, July 2
6am came too early and I quickly gathered my things to catch a taxi. I headed out on the streets with all my stuff and thank goodness I found one right away. Off to the airport I met my plane and all was well. I had been upgraded to first class, thanks to one of my dear friends who works for the airline. I am telling you what that is the way to fly!  I sat next to a 20 year old girl from California that was just headed home from 6 months of study abroad. She loved it as much as I did. 3 movies, a little sleep and some reading later…we arrived in NC. Back in the states. It feels good to be home, yet part of my heart was left in Spain. I ran to my next flight and before I knew it I was in Phoenix! 21 hours of travel later I was nearly delirious. It didn't help that the few days before were severely sleep deprived. My Mom and Cousins Annie, Kristin and Haylee met me at the gate with the cutest signs they had made.
  It was so amazing to see them. How I have missed those faces. They helped me gather my bags and meet Conrad at the curbside where he was with our babies (the cat and dog). He couldn't leave them in the car alone considering it was 104 degrees out. I can't express how amazing it was to see mi amor. I am the most blessed woman ever. I snuggled the pets as we drove our way to Cave Creek where we are staying the next few days with Dad Loney and Kathy. It's good to be home but I do miss la playa (the beach) and mis amigos.
I will never forget the time we shared. In closing I would love to share the words of a family friend, David Stewart.
"I will live this day with love in my heart toward everyone and everything. I will look at all things with love. I will listen to all sounds and voices with love. I will taste and touch all things with love. Yes, I will live this day (and everyday) with love in my heart regardless of what comes or goes. I will live above the negative and will help myself to do so by saying silently to every person I meet "I love you." They may never know my inner feeling, but I will know, and as the days go by, I will observe my life changing for the better in every way...So, I begin finding the way to the good life now by saying to you: I love you my friend, whoever you are…"

No comments:

Post a Comment