Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The last day in Alicante!

Saturday, June 30
Wow! The last day in Alicante. I just cant believe that es finito! I will miss the beach and the people mucho mucho! We woke up early to finish up packing and cleaning the apartment. I took a small siesta waiting for the land lord to come do our check out. I spent sometime in the afternoon doing a little weefeeing (wifi) at the heladaria. I will miss these people so much. When I got back to the apartment I grabbed my baby girl (Alyssa) and we headed for some beach time.
  It was so nice just visiting with her and soaking up the last few rays of Mediterranean sunshine. We swam and swam. We got to laughing at a few of the Spaniards who were belly flop dolphin swimming. At one point I teased Alyssa, went to do the swim maneuver and then mooned her when my bottoms fell off. It was hysterical. We made our way back to the apartment and decided to go do some last minute shopping which turned into several hours of walking the streets. We found some great finds. I love Spanish style. We stopped by the Heladaria and Alyssa in her ever so good Spanish told them that it was our last day, that we would miss them and that we would be back. We got a kiss on each cheek from the three that were there working. How I will miss them! Our feet were killing us when we got back to the apartment to get ready for our last night as a family on the beach. We hung out for quite a bit in the apartment drinking and eating up the last of the food and alcohol. 
Everyone had to catch their flights early so we made a commitment to power through until the taxis arrived at 4:45am. We stopped by the Cuban bar for our last mojito together. A few of us decided to grab a kabob for our beach picnic. On our way Lauren decided to show us the view from this bar a guy had taken her to. It was amazing! 
We met everyone at the beach bar. Then we brought our blankets down to the water and camped out on the beach. A few of us decided to take a night swim in the ocean and it was so relaxing and a great close. A few people made a small bon fire on the beach. When we realized we had a little less than 2 hours to go it got pretty quiet as we all started reflecting and preparing to say goodbye. We all headed back to the apartments to get ready for the taxis at 4:45am. 
We all hugged and double cheek kissed goodbye. It was sad to see them go but I know I will see them all again soon. I headed back upstairs to get 2 hours of sleep before my taxi came. Madrid bound…

No comments:

Post a Comment