Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mis Amigos Han Llegado!

The group arrived this morning.  Everyone is as tired as I was yesterday!  All of us did some walking around this morning.  Cait, Reina and I wanted to wait a bit to eat so we did our own thing while the others went for lunch.

I took the girls back to Playa Major...
Then we went to Puerta del Sol, the center of the city...
We took a long walk and took in all of the amazing sites...
Cait posed for me at the Catedral de la Almudena, we thought it was the palace...
I could walk for days and stay busy capturing the uniqueness of every street...

Then we arrived at our destination Plaza de la Paja for lunch at Naia Bistro, recommended to me by the lovely tourista from yesterday...It was delish!
Ensaladas...

And our main dish...as the waiter put it "Es a baba squids."
Our faces were like ewww but the taste buds said bueno!
We saw a nice little jardin in the middle of the plaza...
Which inspired us to take a little time to rest in the grassy area we had seen earlier...
It was so nice to just lay down...
and look up at the sky...
Back at our hotel and it is already almost 7pm. 
The day sure goes fast here but it stays light until 10pm.  Until tomorrow...Adios!


1 comment:

  1. I love it! I can read both your and Cait's blogs and feel like I am almost there with you! What a beautiful day! Enjoy! : )

    ReplyDelete