Thursday, June 14, 2012

FOOOOTBALL…

Wednesday June 13-


What a lovely day! I try to always get to the Universidad by 8:10 so I can do some blogging before class starts at 9. Even though I am tired I somehow this week have managed to wake up at 6:51am every day. 9 minutes before my alarm.  Class was wonderful. We have a paper due tomorrow (Thurs) and mine is done. That is such a good feeling. Now I just need to get another 4 chapters read before tomorrow. I met up with my partner Tim, we are working on a case study we will be presenting next week for the child welfare class. We walked back to the apartment as we discussed the project. Alicia and I had planned to meet at her place to head to the beach. Lauren met up with us there. It was so nice to do my reading on the beach. I have a system down. 20 minutes, dip and flip. The water was super cold again. Several of us had planned to go to a gallery which Cat, Dr. Medill's daughter will be working at this summer. We all walked the streets of Alicante together.
About half way there Cat got a phone call from the gallery owner who was called away for a sudden meeting. Plan B-meet up with the professors for a glass of wine. We found them on a very crowded street. There were chairs lined up facing the TV's that were in the window of almost every restaurant, although they were empty. It didn't take long and the chairs started to fill. The restaurants were packed with people, standing room only at this point. The Euro Cup was on and so was the night. This is something that everyone should experience. Spain wasn't even playing and the people came together rooting for Germany against the Netherlands. Everyone cracked me up. It was quite a site.
The whole street was like this.  This is only one TV!
  Then when the game was over and Germany won this guy jumped up on the wall and started singing a German song that everyone knew and everyone starting singing. It was an honor to watch. I can't imagine what it will be like tonight when Spain plays Ireland. That will be a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment