Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mas Barcelona…



Sunday, June 10
The morning began way too early with very little uninterrupted sleep from the noise.  Off to breakfast in the cafeteria. Everyone who came back at 5am looked like hell. The table was quiet as people looked half asleep, some still wearing their clothes from the night before. There were mentions of I will never drink again and OMG I feel like…I was concerned the 7 hour bus ride home could prove interesting. Thank GOD most everyone just slept. J I got a lot of reading done. Finished an almost 400 page book. Yipppeee! This will give me a head start on the paper that is due Thursday.
The bus left at 10am, well around then, after a bunch of snafu's with kids not turning in keys or not showing up. Once they were rounded up we headed back into the city to see the La Seu, Barcelonas Gothic Cathedral. It was amazing.
Hard to believe after all of these years that it is still standing, built circa 1565. There was a fire that burned part of it but they restored it well. There was a mass going on so I did not take many pictures.Then we walked around the Barrio Gótico (Gothic Neighborhood) and took in the sights, street performers and the sea of people.  
Last but certainly not least we visited the Museu de la Ciudad de Barcelona. It was the ruins of a roman city. It was amazing all they did here. From dying fabrics to making wine they had quite a system!  The even more interesting part is that the ruins are a few floors under ground. Dad you would have loved this.  There was a ton of pottery.  It reminded me of all of the Indian ruins we have visited over the years.  Only they were more high class.  They had fine linens and even mosaic tile.  Can you imagine without all of the technology and heavy machinery we have creating this?  And we think we are cool...
 There was also a Spanish textiles exhibit. It displayed how the textile industry evolved as industry increased.
After the museum we all just hung around waiting for the rest of the group to catch up.
Then it was back to the bus for our 7 hour ride home to Alicante. I could not have been happier to get home. I feel like I just need a little rest and relaxation. I dare not complain though because I am so grateful for all I am able to see and do!

No comments:

Post a Comment